Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Meeting House (Miri)(4th)

Tuesday, 5 July 2005

Picture No. 1
The Road from my house to the chapel.

On this sunny day, Lyanne and me decided to visit the new chapel building before Lyanne fly back to KL on the 7 July. If she does come back in December for her short semester break, the building would be finished. So we decided to capture it during this construction phase.

I am going to miss her very much! She is God's gift to me, my beloved beautiful little angel.
We drove the red Madza 808 there (partially seen in this picture).

This is the main road, linking the Lutong town to the Miri city. Nobody will miss the chapel building because it is next to the road. I know everyone will ask "what is that building?"


Picture No. 2
Entering the front

Whenever I pass this site, on my way, either to the Miri city or to the present church meeting house, I cannot help noticing its progress.

This is a very unqiue building. I have never seen
any of this kind of structure in Malaysia, 2 identical single detached houses linked together. I have seen terraced houses but this is not terraced houses. It will definitely be the talk of the town. We will have the opportunity to tell them that it is our church and to share our gospel.


Picture No. 3
Side wall of the left building

I saw a big spacious hall in the left building and I
believe this is where the sacrament meeting will
be held. I can't wait for the first Sunday meeting in this chapel. It will be history!









Picture No. 4
The Link (what do you call it technically?) between the left and the right building

It does not matter whether it is raining cats or dogs, whether it is burning hot, we will be shaded while moving from one building to another.





Picture No. 5
More of the Link

There are so many rooms in the right building. I believe they are for administrative purposes and the auxillary organisations.







Picture No. 6
God's Children

We happened to be visiting during the lunch break. We saw these 2 brothers having their beauty sleep. I hope they will feel their Heavenly Father's spirit as they laboured to build His House. I hope they will eventually love the place and inquire about it.







Picture No. 7
Bap
tismal Font

Never seen this kind of bath tub before.
There were steps going down on both sides of the basin. I believe it is the baptismal font.






Picture No. 8
Just Looking

Time to go. I went back into the left building and was just looking out of the back to see the surroundings. Lyanne was still in the right building and she caught me in the camera!!

I am looking forward to the dedication of this chapel!! Watch out for the postings of that historical event!

No comments: