Saturday, January 28, 2006

Did you visit the Chinese New Year stalls in Miri?

Wednesday, 25 January 2006
I was there on Monday night with Sister Christy, Tzu Zhen and Tzu Jing to see the night scene of the temporary set up stalls. The pictures I took turned out to be lousy even when I edited with the Picasa2 program (I wonder about Adobe). Anyway, since I was in town to collect my CD of scanned dancing photos (see renejenny-dance.blogspot.com) I had the opportunity to take pictures and they turned out alright.

These pictures were taken from an overhead bridge. No cars? I must have snapped when the traffic light was 'red' or 'green'! I like this part of the road because of the greens (trees) and the reds (laterns).


I turned back to the opposite side of the bridge. Looked like any ordinary day!

I turned back again and focus on the temporary stalls that were set up from Monday to Saturday (07:00-2300 hrs, except for Saturday which ended at noon, being Chinese New Year eve). Not all the stalls were fully opened for business at this time. Come evenings and nights the place would be bustling with people.

I decided to walk this street although there are 2 other streets set with stalls and this was what it looked like from the end of the street.

And a big 'dog' standing (with wealth in his hands) in front of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce office. Didn't look like a 'dog' to me!!

To ensure peace and order, here are 2 personnel from the 911 Unit, 24 hours on guard. One thing I am proud of Miri is cleanliness. Did you see it?

Happy Chinese New Year!! May the year of the Dog brings you happiness, good health, wisdom and success in whatever you do.

No comments: