Thursday, October 26, 2006

S.S.B. Industrial Clinic

Friday, 20 October 2006

I like the clinic. It is walking distance from the office. It is surrounded by trees. There is no need to climb stairs or use the lift.

It is the clinic that I go to since Dad started work in the Lutong Distillation/Refinery Department in 1962. I was then a little girl. Dad was an operator at the Boiler House, and had been an employee of Sarawak Shell Berhad since 1955. His retirement from Shell in October 1979 did not affect me because I was employed by the Company in December 1974 and I was entitled to the same medical benefits.



When I left the Company in September 1996, I continue to enjoy the same medical benefits, as a wife of a Shell employee.



On this quiet Friday afternoon, I have come to the clinic to collect the results of my blood test and this is my last visit to the clinic.

I have gone to this clinic firstly as a daughter of a Shell employee, next as an employee myself and lastly as a wife of an employee. Altogether I have been to this clinic for about 45 years!

And both my children were born there.

No comments: