Sunday, March 19, 2006

Miri Chapel is Dedicated Today!

Sunday, 19 March 2006
It was indeed a Beautiful Sunday today! Today the Miri Chapel (the first LDS chapel building in Malaysia) was dedicated! I know all the saints (especially all those wonderful missionaries who have served here - can you recognise the friends you have met here?) around the world share this wonderful moment with us. It was a new spiritual experience for me.

As far as I know, the gospel was brought to Miri sometime in 1995.   I can't find the exact date anywhere.    It is about 11 years since.

When South East Asia Area President, Elder Daryl H. Garn, gave the dedicatory prayer, the hall was amazingly quiet. It was as if Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ was there. There was no sounds or movements from the children either. I could feel every single word, offered in the prayer, entering my soul as I listen. I have no idea what it is like in Heaven, but I think I have a taste of heavenly peace listening to Elder Garn's prayer.


[ 27 March: At last I got a full picture of everyone! It was taken by a proper photographer from the Typhoon Studio. So much better than the previous 2 pictures that I have here before ]


Elder/Sister Bidstrup (senior missionary couple who was here in 2003), Elder/Sister Watts (senior missionary couple who was here in 2001) and visiting couple - Brother/Sister Myler, flew in from US to join us on this historical moment. Standing beside me is Sister Helen, the first member to be baptised in December 1996.

South East Asia Area President, Elder Daryl H. Garn, Singapore Mission President Gary L. Larkins and his beautiful wife, Sister Trudy Smith Larkins, posing with the Brothers and Sisters missionaries.

1 Nephi 14:7 For the time cometh, saith the Lamb of God, that I will work a great and a marvelous work among the children of men;........................................................................ (I wish all the members were there to hear our youth sang this song and the Sisters sang "As Sisters in Zion" during the dedicatory meeting - sooooooooooo touching)

You might want to read this article from http://199.104.95.22/articles/48834/Meetinghouse-for-Malaysia.html

2 comments:

Singapore Girl said...

What joy! Brings tears to my eyes to see fellow saints in Miri reaping the reward of unwavering faith. This gives me such hope for a real KL chapel!

Miriguy said...

wow.. i was actually browsing and look for some post related with this.
I was from Miri chapel, I guess you can ask Kelvin who is CK, aka Chee Kui who left to Singapore to work last April, and got baptised here.

Send my regards to the members.