Saturday, March 11, 2006

Relief Society's 164th Birthday Celebration

Saturday, 11 March 2006
I enjoyed the video on the history of Relief Society, organized on 17 March 1842.

I love Relief Society! When I joined the church in May 1998, I served in the Relief Society until I was called and set apart as counselor in the Young Women on 1 May 2005. Nevertheless, I am and will be a member of the Relief Society - the biggest women organisation in the world - until I die.

Because of time constraint, we could not have any dances (I was supposed to teach 2 dances). That was not important. What really matters was that we had an enjoyable time together as Sisters in Zion. There were 23 of us attending tonight.

We had a delicious cheese cake and there were plenty of food, brought by the Sisters. We also exchange gifts.



2 comments:

Iain Cameron said...

Happy Birthday!

Irene said...

Older, wiser and more graceful!