Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fruits Season


Thursday, 6 November 2008

It is the fruits season again! I just love to see the fruits on the trees! Thanks Angie for allowing me to take pictures of your fruit trees :)

Red Rambutan Tree


Yellow rambutans from another rambutan tree


Who or what is the king of fruits? Durian! First time I tried in Matang-Kuching, I fell in love with it. I was almost in my mid-20's then. Before that, I only knew it from the smell. It was stinky, rotten. We would know when a neighbor had durians and I would moaned over it to my mother. The smell travels! First time I tried it I closed my nose.

I think it is an amazing fruit. I like the dodol durian, the durian ice-cream, the durian cake, mooncake, cooked tempoyak. I don't know what else is made from it. They are delicious.

You can get sick eating too much of it because it is 'heaty' - sore throat especially. So what we did, as per beliefs, is to drink salted water, that we make, from any of the emptied pulps section of the durian husk. So far it works for me :)



Local Oranges


Banana


Red Ginger


Heliconia

No comments: