Monday, November 17, 2008

Kelabit Food for Lunch


Wednesday, 5 November 2008

A Kelabit friend asked me if I would like to join her for a Kelabit lunch at a restaurant in Center Point Phase 1. I definitely would. I love trying out food and it would be interesting to find out how they taste like. The restaurant is operated by a Kelabit, the cook is Kelabit and the food cooked the Kelabit way. I wanted to try all the food displayed and these was what we ended up on the table, some double portions! There were 6 of us so that was enough for us.

The green bundles around the sides had boiled rice in them. I understood they were boiled for hours.





I like the sticky rice. They are not glutinous, just ordinary rice wrapped and boiled in leaves. The food tasted to me like Chinese food. I enjoyed them.

No comments: