Monday, July 20, 2009

Classmates Meet

Saturday, 18 July 2009

Classmates meet again! Actually I felt like calling Chew and tell him that I was not going. I am glad I didn't. I believe there were times in our lives when we just don't feel like doing this or that but were thankful when we didn't follow that negative feeling. Of course, there were times when we are grateful that we followed our feelings. There are feelings of not wanting to do things and there are feelings that we need to do this or that. In my religious belief we call that the bad and the good spirit.

In tonight's case, it was my bad spirit telling me not to go. It is just like the feeling of not wanting to pray, to go to the sacrament meeting, visiting our families or just merely calling or visiting our friends. It was definitely not the good spirit because I was not going to rob a bank.

I know there are 'friends' who will never call, visit or write but that is okay. They are just not that kind of people. It is sad to hear some people said that they are lonely because their friends don't make contact with them. It makes me happy to hear when they said they are grateful for my visits. It makes me feel good to know that I can help to uplift some spirits in this way.

Classmates, especially when you have been with them for years, are not just ordinary friends. We have sat in the same classroom, played together and saw each other at least 5 days a week. We didn't end up marrying each other but we know and understand each other and are comfortable in each other's presence, like brothers and sisters, accepting each other's increasing greying hair, wrinkles, dry and sagging skin.

Irene and Catherine


Siew Kuan, Peggy & Chew


Jamilah & Chee Shak


Fung Yin, Angela, Irene & Lily

End of the evening's meet. We will see each other again.

2 comments:

AngeleGoh said...

tq saiting, for the lovely pictures.. i love the way you put the last paragraph
- quote "Classmates, especially when you have been with them for years, are not just ordinary friends. We have sat in the same classroom, played together and saw each other at least 5 days a week. We didn't end up marrying each other but we know and understand each other and are comfortable in each other's presence, like brothers and sisters, accepting each other's increasing greying hair, wrinkles, dry and sagging skin." unquote
.. makes me want to laugh/cry at the same time, how truly said.. thank you all for putting up with all our nonsense during our 'growing years!' God bless..

Irene said...

Thanks for your remark - make me happy to know that you understood.