Thursday, September 09, 2010

Lutong (2010)

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Much appreciation to William Ting, for sharing his pictures and allowing me to add them to my posting on Lutong.

I didn't took pictures of the LLL building when I visited in August, thinking that I have already have pictures of them. But when I saw the pictures he blogged, I said I should have taken this demobilishing pictures for remembrance. The building where I started worked in and stayed there for over 75% of my time in Shell. Like what William said "Good Bye Shell Lutong Office".

Thanks, William, for these 5 pictures that you took. I enjoy your blog. Keep up with the good work.








Friday, 27 August 2010

The road from Miri/Pujut to Lutong town.

Different time different pictures. Some places and buildings looked the place, others changed. It has been 3 years ago since I took pictures around the small oil town.

Once there were buildings on both sides of the road but now only 'jungle' How fast can a deserted place becomes a jungle?

The Petronas Carigali office didn't shrink or expand.

The river front behind the shophouses. I like the shady trees.


This is the bad and ugly, a sore sight!

At the market, a popular stall for the children and adult as well, selling all sorts of stuff, and affordable too.

Anyone for a drink?

Or vegetables?


The Lutong Chinese kindergarten.

The Lutong Primary School - they were doing something to the road in front and therefore the entrance has been moved.



The entrance of the Lutong Primary school now faces the same side as the entrance of Chinese Chung Hwa primary school, and so you can imagine what it is like when it time to take/meet the children to/from the 2 primary schools. And worst of all the road has not much of parking spaces on both sides! I heard this is only temporary entrance for the Lutong Primary School, until the other road is done.

Lutong Government Secondary School.

No comments: